EEEPC -- was: Re: [SC.LUG] [Fwd: Promoting LUGs to new (accidental?) Linux retailers]

ian spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jan 9 01:31:22 GMT 2008

> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 21:31 +0000, Richard Smedley wrote:
> > I still dont know why they spoilt an otherwise great product with a
> > pathetic LCD... ho hum.
>
> Well, it's usable, and kept the cost down - but the form
> factor would support a larger screen, and indeed will...

:-)

> > Im waiting for the 2nd gen one :)
>
> They announced larger screen versions at CES yesterday, but
> I'm sure you're aware of the less power-hungry versions
> rumoured for the next generation later in the year.

Yup. and it'd be nice if it got a bit thinner too, seeing as it hasnt
got any big drives in it to justify the fat ;-)

still, its a great product. My daughter might be getting one near the
end of this year.

Oh, btw, my PDA stuff is still alive...
http://www.mnementh.co.uk/eseries/status.html

e740 is looking good :-)