[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [GeekUp] [ANN] BarCamp Manchester - Sign-up open & Venue confirmed]

Richard Smedley rs at m6-it.org
Fri Jan 18 17:46:32 GMT 2008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Paul Robinson <paul at vagueware.com>
To: connect at geekup.org
Cc: North West Ruby User Group <nwrug at nwrug.org>
Subject: [GeekUp] [ANN] BarCamp Manchester - Sign-up open & Venue
confirmed
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:24:23 +0000

I am a happy and giddy man. And it's not just the Grande Soy Latte
going to my head.

We can now announce the venue for BarCamp Manchester and that the
signup process is now open.

If you put down your name on the Wiki as wanting to attend IT DOES NOT
get you a ticket. You need to now sign up proper using the process
below - thanks for helping us get an estimate on numbers though.

What?
-----

You know what a BarCamp is, and if you don't you know how to find
out. :-)

We'll be providing food and drink, a venue, and lots of other
interesting people to talk to. It's completely free of charge, run by
people like you, for people like you.

You have no excuse. :-)

Where?
------

The MEN Media Headquarters on Deansgate Manchester – home to the
Manchester Evening News.

We’re grateful to MEN Media for opening up the building and letting us
have use of their offices on a Saturday. In particular I'm grateful to
Ian Carroll for getting us set up over there.

It’s a great space with a dedicated auditorium for 40, larger open
spaces for groups, and several small meeting rooms. We have dedicated
use of the building all day, but it’s an office and we’re guests –
please respect the surroundings.

When?
-----

We can now confirm the date as being 1st March 2008. We've yet to work
out a proper schedule, but it's likely to be open doors around 9am,
get underway around 9:30am, and close... well, we'll work out exact
timings next week, but we've heard whispers somebody might want to
sponsor an after-event bar, so we hope that even when the talks finish
we'll find a way to keep going until we reboot.

Want to help?
-------------

We've had loads of offers of help, and you can expect them to start
getting called in very soon! Add your name to the appropriate part of
the Wiki if you have anything to offer, or get in touch off-list

How do I sign up?
-----------------

Go here:

http://barcamp-manchester.eventwax.com/march-1st-manchester-barcamp

After you've signed up we'll keep you informed by e-mail of occasional
updates including confirmation of the exact schedule next week so you
can start planning your talks.

You might also want to keep an eye on the Wiki here:

http://barcamp.org/BarCampManchesterUk

Here's to you all making it a great event!

--
Paul Robinson

http://vagueware.com :: paul at vagueware.com :: +44 (0) 7740 465746

Vagueware Limited is registered in England/Wales, number 05700421
Registered Office: 3 Tivoli Place, Ilkley, W. Yorkshire, LS29 8SU
Correspondence:   55 Velvet Court, Granby Row, Manchester, M1 7AB