[SC.LUG] Contact with the South Cheshire LUG

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 20 19:44:30 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 16:57 +0000, Ian Taylor wrote:
> I am trying to make contact with the above group. I am interested in
> using Linux.

Hello Ian,

You've made contact with the group mailing list - which is good, as
that's where everybody is :-)

> I understand that the above group hold monthly meetings and I would
> like to know where and when they are held.

We've held regular meetings in the past. Now they happen when
somebody organises one - in which part of Cheshire are you
based? I'm sure there'll be members nearby who may be interested
in having a meeting.

Meanwhile sign up for the mailing list at
https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/sc
and that way people answering this thread won't need to cc you
in [1] for you to stay in this conversation ;-)

> I am not currently a Linux user, but would like to learn more.

Feel free to ask for help - this group contains people who've
just discovered GNU/Linux, and people who've been using
Free Software for years. What would you like to know?

Regards,

 - Richard

[1] It's hard enough for most of us to remember that this is one
    of the few lists not set to munge reply-to: