[SC.LUG] [Fwd: openSUSE DVDs for Linux User Groups]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 25 13:50:17 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 12:51 +0100, Eion MacDonald wrote:
> [...]

[snip]

Hello Eion,

Are you volunteering to co-ordinate with openSUSE in receiveing
the discs, and distributing them around Cheshire to LUG members?

Or are you asking whoever does volunteer, to send you one.

If the former, then well done :)

If the latter, no-one has yet offered to contact Roger
at openSUSE to receive the disks (nor do we know how
many will be wanted), so you may want to wait until
someone steps forward, or I think you may have just
volunteered yourself ;)

btw anyone still use SUSE? What are its strengths and
weaknesses compared to Ubuntu and Fedora?
Is it useful enough to Newbies for us to consider
giving it out at (putative) LUG events?

Free Software: http://www.ubuntu.com/
Better browsing: http://www.mozilla.com/
Free Office suite: http://www.openoffice.org/