[SC.LUG] Home Brew

Frank Mitchell mitchell at wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 19:32:22 UTC 2008

Hi Guys:

I just discovered a useful free E-Book: "You Can Build Your Own Computer" by
Robert Derman, downloadable from http://www.dermancomputer.com.

The Link is entitled "Computer Textbook" and it's a PDF = 5.5 Meg. Even if you
don't plan a Home Building project it contains much useful stuff about
Component Quality and Brand Choice. It's dated early 2007, but you'll find
updated info in the HTML "Retail Price List".

Also useful is the abridged HTML "Newbies Guide". I'm reminded of earlier
days, when Unix appealed to people who built their own machines as much as
people who wanted to modify Source Code.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell