[SC.LUG] Software Freedom Day Results

Robert Marshall robert at capuchin.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 20:38:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Lucy wrote:

>  It didn't take people long to start playing games, like asteroids, and
>  running flash heavy websites on the machines. One of the few problems
>  we found was that Tux Racer does not play well with LTSP
>  (unsurprisingly) and slowed down all of the clients!

That was me who tried tux racer ;-)
I'd tried crack attack and seen that xgl wasn't loading so I thought
tux racer would suffer a similar fate and not even start. However it locked
up the graphics and made things difficult for the other clients.

If those machines are staying there I'd edit the menu to remove the
graphics intensive stuff otherwise someone else is going to try running it!

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall