[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Obama & Open Source]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 22 11:25:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 10:32 +0000, David Holden wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2009, Richard Smedley wrote:
> > For anyone still reading all the American news as a
> > welcome distraction to our currency disintegrating
> > (and soon to be followed by Ireland and the Club
> > Med economies), the BBC link below speaks of the
> > first "open source" president.

> The US is in just as bad if not worse state..

Fundamentally, yes, totally in hock to China
and the Gulf States. However international
finance is just a giant confidence trick, and
the world still has confidence in what is, after
all, the planet's biggest economy.

In a generation's time it will be a very
different world, but like the Roman empire at the
end of the 4th century, the US still looks
like it's (just) on top.