[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Obama & Open Source]

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Thu Jan 22 13:22:01 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 10:32 +0000, David Holden wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 January 2009, Richard Smedley wrote:
> > > For anyone still reading all the American news as a
> > > welcome distraction to our currency disintegrating
> > > (and soon to be followed by Ireland and the Club
> > > Med economies), the BBC link below speaks of the
> > > first "open source" president.
> >
> > The US is in just as bad if not worse state..
>
> Fundamentally, yes, totally in hock to China
> and the Gulf States. However international
> finance is just a giant confidence trick, and
> the world still has confidence in what is, after
> all, the planet's biggest economy.
>
> In a generation's time it will be a very
> different world, but like the Roman empire at the
> end of the 4th century, the US still looks
> like it's (just) on top.
>
>  - Richard

I would have a look at the economist who subscribe the "Austrian" school of
thinking,

for example

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

or spend a couple of hours following:-

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

Personally I'm more optimistic but this debt driven asset price bubble has got
quite a bit more air to leak yet.

 Dave.

Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.