[SC.LUG] Hi :)

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 11 08:51:37 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:22:39 +0100, Gordon Allott wrote:
> > Thought I would finally get around to talking to the SC LUG, I'm a long
>> time Ubuntu user (and part of the Ubuntu-UK loco group) based in Crewe,

Hello Gordon,

Welcome to the LUG :)

We're a scattered lot - 100 ppl around the county. Meetings
happen if someone proposes one, & a few people get together.
Last one was in Macc a couple of years ago.

I'd be happy to meet up in Crewe some time.

Actually I'm hoping to run a course in Crewe on Social Media,
& on the accessible web, for small organisations. No doubt
I'll post further details here nearer the time ;-)

>> Been a while since I have used other linux distro's but I like to keep
>> up with what's happening with them at least.

You mean Debian? Yes, it's still going ;-)

geoff at osbaldestin.net wrote:
 > This is a fairly quiet list. One the discussions that has been
 > mentioned a few time on the this list but it has its own [1]
 > is about setting up a hackspace
 >
 > [1] : http://groups.google.com/group/NW-hack-space/

We've regular hackspace meetings in Liverpool, & the
first one in Stockport coming soon (24th June)
All welcome :-)

Richard Smedley           Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                            http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley            Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                       http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/