[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [lugmaster] EuroPython 2009 in Birmingham]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 23 10:58:03 UTC 2009

geoff at osbaldestin.net wrote:
> Hmmmm, why Nurses?
>
> --SNIP--
>> The concessionary rate of £95 (3 days) or £145 (5 days) applies to:
>> over 60's, full-time students, unwaged and *nurses*.

Good question. I think it's either a gimmick, or
a hangover from a time when nurses were poorly
paid, but obviously the real question is how many
nurses want to spend a week at a conference on
Python programming.

Anyone here going? I went to the PyCon UK they
did there in 2007. It was *very* well run (e.g.
faultless conference wi-fi everywhere). Sadly
I can't get down to this one.

Richard Smedley           Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                            http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley            Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                       http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/