[SC.LUG] Free Software and Beyond - The World of Peer Production

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:13:35 UTC 2009

This looks to be a really exciting event. Please feel free to pass it
on to anyone who might be interested.

Additionally, if you think you might be able to lend a hand at some
point over the weekend (stewarding, etc) please let me know as they
are really in need of extra help. I believe they are also looking for
crash space for the speakers from Europe and N America so if anyone
can help out with that it would be great.

I will be there with Manchester Free Software selling books and badges
from the FSF.

Kind regards

Lucy

------ Free Software and Beyond  - The World of Peer Production ------

The 4th Oekonux Conference

Date: 27 - 29 March 2009
Venue: University of Manchester

The Oekonux project, together with the P2P Foundation will have its
4th international conference which will take place on 27-29 March 2009
in Manchester, UK.

This conference, titled "Free Software and Beyond: The World of Peer
Production", will allow delegates to share their experiences with
peer-to-peer collaborative activities in contemporary society,
including free and open source software development, Wikipedia,
blogosphere, open publishing, social networking, sharing platforms
such as Flickr and YouTube. Moreover, it will encourage delegates to
develop methods and theories for understanding how these activities
take place and their impacts on modern society.

The conference programme is now available at
http://www.oekonux-conference.org/program/index.html

The conference is free to attend and everyone is welcome. To register,
please visit http://www.oekonux-conference.org/registration.html

For more information please visit the conference website
http://www.oekonux-conference.org/