[SC.LUG] New here

Richard Smedley richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 22 14:58:10 UTC 2010

keith simmons wrote:
> Been meaning to subscribe and get involved , so here i am saying HI.
> I'm based in Crewe, 28 and been using linux for ~10 years
> very interested in home automation/home cinema (linuxmce is worth checking out)
> keen poker of Python and all things Ubuntu

Hello Keith,

Welcome to the LUG :)

> Do we have a meet in this area ?

There should be a meeting in Alsager next month for
local LUGs, GeekUp members & those interested in
forming a hackspace. More details soon.

Meanwhile meetings in Macclesfield have started up
again, this time not under the SC.LUG banner, but
as E Cheshire LUG. [1]

> I'd be interested in getting one off
> the ground, i part own a internet cafe in Nantwitch which could be a
> nice venue (and Nantwitch has lot of good pubs )

Great - suggest a couple of possible dates for a meeting
and I'm sure plenty of us would like to come to Nantwich :)

http://www.goodgnus.org/2010/02/so-what-am-i-up-to/