[SC.LUG] pdf management

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri May 21 10:54:59 UTC 2010

Matthew Tolley wrote:
> I have been lurking royally for some time now (apologies to all), and
> hope to be a little more visible from now on.

No worries, this LUG seems in permanent lurk mode
- though it was good to see s SC.LUG contingent at
the hackspace discussion in Alsager the other week :)

> Could you please send me some recommendations for software which would
> allow me to splice two or more pdfs together, add in some more
> information/files, and then generate a single pdf from all the
> data/files input?

psmerge from psutils is what I /think/ I used last time,
though pdftk rings a bell (it's a long while since I
needed to do this, and without doing it again I really
can't be sure), but pdfsam & pdfshuffler sound worth a
look.

> For my sins, I am on Ubuntu Lucid.

To have a good look at whats offered on Ubuntu, type:
apt-cache show pdfedit pdfjam pdfsam pdfshuffler pdftk xpdf-utils | more

hth,