[SLUG] Fwd: [lugmaster] FW: Essay Software: Beta Testers requested

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 14:27:24 GMT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alasdair G Kergon <agk at lug.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:34:20 +0000
Subject: [lugmaster] FW: Essay Software: Beta Testers requested
To: lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk

Name: Scott
Job:
Company: Essay Software, LLC
Telephone:
Email: scott at essay-software.com
Subject: Samba/Ldap Beta testers
Message: We have been developing a set of Linux administration
tools for the past 8 months.

This set will become commercially available in the next
few weeks.

The first application is a Samba/Ldap user, group, share
permissions editor called PowerSmb. A demo of this program
has already been posted on our site.

We are looking for beta testers for these programs. We have contacted
a Linux user group in our area, Rock River LUG, and would like
to continue with LUG's around the globe.

What is the best way to approach your user's group for beta
testers ?

Sincerely,

Scott Alcock
Scott at Essay-Software.com

PowerSmb Demo (beta) is available at the following site.  Please read the
online "Read me" before you download the demo.

PowerSmb allows you to replace your aging 4.0 server in a 2 minutes.

This application sets up Samba and Ldap with TLS (encrypted) replication
of users and groups data. It will create a Primary, Backup or Member server
in about 2 minutes.

It supports Roaming Profile Login's, Easy Domain logon scripts,
Click and Print driver downloading an Fully Adjustable Oplock operation.

Aside from automatic User and Group synchronization, you may optionally sync
Roaming Profiles, Shares, Home directories, Netlogon scripts and
Printer drivers.

Synchronizing two machines (PDC to BDC) can be done with the push of a
single button. You may also setup a cron job to synchronize every few minutes.

If you run a small IT shop, or a very large one, you should check this out.

The address is : PowerSmb
Screen shots are at: Screen Shots
And the demo can be found here: Demo (less than 640K)

If anyone has questions, just send them to Scott at essay-software.com.

Lastly, It's just a demo on the site. If you feel that you would like to
run this software in a production environment, and would like a
full featured Beta, please inquire.

A free version with more users and features will be available soon.
It will be free to non-profit organizations as well.