[SLUG] Next meet

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Wed Dec 29 12:38:02 GMT 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 12:00:31PM GMT, Jamie Adams wrote:
[...]
> I've got a copy of Mandrake Move handy that I can show you if the date
> works out ok for me. If there is any one in particular that you would
> like a look at let me know and I will download it beforehand.

Cheers.

I'd like to see the capabilities of things like Mandrake/Suse and other
live CDs.  Also the likes of Knoppix as rescue/repair disks.

I have a Suse 9.1 live CD which I'll bring along as well as the FreeBSD
one Carl gave me.  I have an old version of Knoppix, but would like to
see an up to date version in action if possible.  I now have an AMD K6
as a toy box which I'll bring along, but the minimal RAM might be a
problem as most of these live CDs seem to run KDE/Gnome which require
huge amounts of RAM to function properly.

I'll see if I can bring my printer too, as I'd like to see if it's
possible to do things like printing from these disks.  Is it possible to
save files to floppies, CDs, zip disks etc?  I'd just like to find out
what they can do.