[sclug] Whilst I'm in the mood for questions...

Douglas Holden listsetc at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 19 15:02:48 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 16:44, James Fidell wrote:
> Given a DVD writer that can write CD-Rs, does one use cdrecord, or
> dvdrecord to write said CD-Rs?

James
The issue of Linux Magazine on the shelves now has a useful article on
the different DVD formats and the programs (free and non-free) that will
burn them. Not quite what you asked but it does mention the development
of the dvdrecord from cdrecord. Don't bother downloading the pdf file
from www.linux--magazine.com, it has nothing useful in it. But the mag
does have a DVDROM with lots of games on it...
Cheers
Douglas

P.S To All- I never realised that you could write directly to a DVD-RAM
disc; otherwise I would have been arguing about that too at the last LUG
meeting!