[sclug] The Euro Sign (Solved (Well almost :-) )

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 11:17:36 UTC 2003

Having continued to Dig around I found the solution.  Isn't that always
the way <sigh>.

Here is the solution.  :-
# xmodmap -e "keysym Alt_R = Mode_switch"
# xmodmap -e "keysym 4 = 4 dollar EuroSign"
# xmodmap -e "keysym 3 = 3 numbersign sterling"

So now the right hand Alt and 3 gives the '?' (Pound sterling)
and Right Alt 4 gives me the '?' Euro Symbol.

So where is it best to store that script?

The only thing I've lost now is variable pitch fonts in Evolution.
Though I might view that as a benefit.  :-)

Tom.