[sclug] Linux From Scratch

Spencer Collyer spencer at lasermount.uklinux.net
Sun Nov 2 16:17:33 UTC 2003

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:00:02 +0000, Antony Bartlett wrote:

> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
>
> This looks good, I thought I might give it a go.  Does anyone
> have experience of LFS? (good or bad).  I think I'd want the
> book in hard copy first, though.  If anyone has it, could they
> let me know how they came by it please, as it looks kind of
> awkward to get hold of (it's not on amazon, for example,
> or anywhere else that I can find this side of the Atlantic).

The hardcopy book is based on LFS4.1. LFS5.0 will be out soon, and has a
lot of new stuff in it (including the 'Pure LFS' hint folded into the main
book.)

I'd recommend joining the LFS Support mailing list, and LFS Dev ML if you
want to see how the book is evolving.

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
4:15pm up 33 days 0:57, 15 users, load average: 0.38, 0.40, 0.63