[sclug] PHP Question

tim tim at holmes.name
Wed Aug 11 11:32:18 UTC 2004

Hi all
I have a quick question about so architecture.
I am writing some software for a hotel. It will be in PHP because I want to
learn it. What I would liketo do is have PHP access a MYsql db and create
XML that will be sent via HTTP to the browser where I will use XSLT to
format it.
I have done something similar previously using Perlscript and M$ XMLHTTP and
Microsoft.XMLDOM. Obviously I want to be as browser independant as possible
and the XMLHTTP solution has a prerequisite of IE6.

So the question is. Can this be done as I want, and can anyone recomend soem
tutorials where I can learn the syntax to do it.  (I am using PHP4 and
Apache 2.0) I have seen XML-rpc mentioned in the various newsgroups I have
searched but seen nothing concrete. I know I can have PHP build HTML from
the XML server side but that seems a bit pointless. I am not after any
solutions just somewhere to look to get a kick start.

Anyway thanks a lot for any help

Tim Holmes
tim at holmes.name
07881 784876