[sclug] Get the Facts on Windows and Linux

Sandeep Varma darker.trooper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 23:02:42 UTC 2004

>Mike Mallett mike.mallett at ntlworld.com
>Mon Aug 16 22:04:04 UTC 2004
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/facts/default.mspx
>
>It's from Microsoft so you know what to expect !

What's even funnier is that they were recently stung by the UK
Advertising Standards Authority for false advertising. Extract from a
http://www.linuxinsider.com article:

>In the ad, Microsoft cites figures from a META Group study that
measured the >costs of Linux running on IBM's (NYSE: IBM)  z900
mainframe for Windows >comparable functions of file serving and Web
serving. The ASA pointed out that, >in the ad, Windows was running on
a dual 900-MHz Xeon configuration, which >skewed the results of the
comparison.

Rest of article at: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/36107.html

So I wonder why they don't want to compete on level terms?