[sclug] PDA's?

Mike Mallett mike.mallett at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 4 20:17:25 UTC 2004

South East LUG

Jon

I assume this is the SL-C750 and 760

(see http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/030516.html)

There was a rumour that these would come to the UK but nothing seems to have
happened.

The Zaurus line has only been Linux based since the SL-5500. Before that
there were various proprietary OS. Sharp didn't make it easy for developers
to work with these and little additional software was available. The move to
Linux was intended to overcome these problems. Although I have read many
good reviews of the SL-5500 I don't know how well it sold ...