[sclug] Mounting NTFS from Linux boot CD.

steven lane steve at noxowls.com
Wed Jan 14 10:29:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

Can anybody help me with a small problem please? I am trying to get into a
Windows 2k machine where the OS will not boot and the administrator password is
not known so the Microsoft Recovery Console is useless.  One approach I figure
may be to boot Linux from a CD, mount the NTFS partition (overcoming NTFS and
Windows security) and make the necessary changes to get it to boot.

Does anybody know if there is a distro that boots a minimal linux from the CD
and allows me to mount the NTFS partition?

Kind Regards
Steve