[sclug] Why does nothing ever work.

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 18:33:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:

> I've said it at the meeting several times.  Linux is never going to work
> for the masses while it picky about who it's friends are.

The masses shouldn't be compiling their own code. :-P

> Reading though the http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html I
> though it would be nice to have the web of trust mapped so downloaded
> sig2dot.pl and graphviz.
>
> Guess what graphviz won't compile on my system.
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/tmdg/csrc/graphviz-1.10/tclstubs'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libtclstub8.3.a', needed
> by `tclStubLib.lo'.  Stop.
>
> Does anyone have a working copy they can let me have?

$ locate libtclstub
/usr/lib/libtclstub.a
$ rpm -qif /usr/lib/libtclstub.a
Name        : tcl                          Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 8.3.3                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 74                            Build Date: Tue 20 Aug 2002
06:31:50 BST
Install date: Wed 06 Nov 2002 22:58:00 GMT      Build Host: astest
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM:
tcltk-8.3.3-74.src.rpm
Size        : 3108651                          License: BSD
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 03 Sep 2002 22:40:58 BST, Key ID
219180cddb42a60e
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://tcl.activestate.com/
Summary     : An embeddable scripting language.
Description :
Tcl is a simple scripting language designed to be embedded in other
applications. Tcl is designed to be used with Tk, a widget set, which
is provided in the tk package. This package also includes tclsh, a
simple example of a Tcl application.

If you install the tcl package and you want to use Tcl for
development, you should also install the tk and tclx packages.

> Tom.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?