[sclug] Java with Mozilla

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Mon Jan 19 21:00:28 UTC 2004

Can anyone tell me how to get Mozilla 1.5 to run java? I'm stumped.

I have the java runtime installed in /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_02/bin, and I
have a link in my mozilla directory (/usr/bin/mozilla1.5) that points to
it. Mozilla still insists that I need the 'java plugin' when it
encounters a page with an applet in it. I downloaded and installed (as
root) the suggested java 'plugin', but still no joy. I'm sure that there
used to be an option in Mozilla to enter the path to the java runtime,
but that seems to have disappeared.

Any ideas? Am I doing something silly?

Neil