[sclug] I've made a start.

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 10:53:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:42:49AM -0000, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> I left it cooking over night and it got to the bit where
> it puts lilo in place.  (disappionted it's not grub) then it
> turned hostile.  Rather than talk about /dev/hda it talks about
> /dev/ide/blah/blah/blah.  So I go with the flow and just press
> return.  :-)

That'll be the new installer using devfs (or whatever it's
called). Confused the hell out of me, too.

> Unless anyone knows which module drives a Zircom 100/10 pcmcia card.
> It obviously manged to work out how to drive it during loading so
> why the problem in normal mode?

Well, `lsmod' in a console during the installation would probably tell
you. As for non-present drivers, I think that's what screwed my co-lo
box when I upgraded the kernel and rebooted. To solve that, you'll
probably want to run `modconf' and select the driver you need.

S.