[sclug] browser plugins

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Tue May 18 20:28:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Neil Haughton wrote:

> Doea anyone know how to install plugins for firefox (or mozilla)?
>
> I've done the obvious, but  no joy:
>
> 1. I installed the plugin using the installer( as root).
> 2. I copied (as root) the plugin (eg rpnp.so) to the firefox/plugins
> directory (eg /usr/lib/firefox/plugins) where the other plugins are, but
> when I start FF again, no plugin is displayed when I put about:plugins
> as the url
>
> So what am I missing out?
>
> Hope someone can unravel this for me.

IIRC, the Realplayer plugin also requires raclass.zip to be copied to the
plugins directory. That would also imply that a working Java Runtime
Environment is necessary too.

> Neil

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?