[sclug] Just a hello

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Fri May 21 08:43:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:14:50AM +0100, simon wrote:
> Just thought i'd introduce myself. Names Simon, i'm from wokingham.

Oh, no, not another Simon! ;-)

> Only been into linux for about 3 weeks now, hope being a newb is ok.

Well, we were all newbies at some point, so yeah.

> I'm running WinXP and FC2 final release dual boot,  couple of things
> to sought out with it but i wont hammer you with stupid questions
> unless i need to.  I didn't realise that linux had such a massive
> community.  You don't find this kind of community support with MS.

Indeed. The hardest bit is often finding what you want amongst the huge
reams of documentation on the Internet, i.e. knowing where to look. But
it looks like you've found us....

Out of interest, how did you get to know about Linux? And what made you
try it out?

S.

P.S. Please could you configure your e-mail client to send only plain
text messages?