[sclug] Wireless Broadband in Slough and Windsor areas

John Mullins John.Mullins at tvu.ac.uk
Fri May 21 20:05:13 UTC 2004

Simon and everyone else who replied,

Thank you for your responses. I made the mistake years ago of changing
my telephone to cable so I don't have a BT line. It seemed a good idea
at the time, getting rid of the noisy BT line and having a high quality
cable piped to the house. Although the cable provider in this area is
called Telewest Broadband, their name is a lie. In Slough and district
they are NOT broadband and don't look like ever being so, hence my
interest in Netvigator. This may be why they are targetting this area. I
shall probably have to eat humble pie and go back to BT :-[ . Is any one
else in this position? In the Reading area I believe you have broadband
cable through NTL.

John