[sclug] Disabling outgoing mail on postfix

Tim Sutton t.sutton at reading.ac.uk
Tue Nov 2 11:36:05 UTC 2004

Hi

Yes I have it currently set to only allow outbound mail from localhost...the
problem arose last time when someone found a loophole in nuke that allowed
them to spam from  my server. So I want to prevent localhost from sending
mail out from my server (delivery to local users is ok) so that I can monitor
bandwidth useage and see if my server is being used for undesired purposes.

Ill try the inetd approach.

Thanks for the tips!

Tim

--
Tim Sutton
BDWorld Middleware Programmer

Web     :   www.bdworld.org
Phone  :   +44-(0)118-378-6052
Email    :   t.sutton [at] reading.ac.uk
(email preferred method of correspondence)