[sclug] Linux Day + other plans +venue??

Alan Cocks aeclist at candt.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 15:13:19 UTC 2004

In article <1097589434.30694.13.camel at redhat.uksr.hp.com>, Tom Dawes-
Gamble <tmdg at uksr.hp.com> writes
>I think the idea of having a night where we can bring Kit and do and try
>things would be useful

It has not been long since they bought into Suse, but it is a now fact -
and Novell are getting strongly into Linux, for example
http://www.novell.com/linux/truth/index.html?sourceidint=homepage_announ
cement1

Novell (Suse) loom large in Bracknell, and while I am sure they are
expanding, is it possible maybe that they might have a spare room
available sometimes for a worthy group such as this?

It would be worth a serious and dignified approach from the group. Sorry
for the ignorance, but do we have anyone who has a title such as group
secretary etc., who would be happy to pursue an approach for free
meeting room access? A company like Novell might gain information, and
publicity, from hosting such gatherings.

I live in Bracknell, and as it happens had reason to pay a couple of
visits to Novell. I would be willing to help out in some way if it would
be useful?
--
Alan Cocks Berkshire UK