[sclug] Gentoo

Christopher West chriz_w at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:10:08 UTC 2004

Ive been running a gentoo system for about one year now and im no guru
either and i would say that its an interesting way of running linux. I'm
dual booting with xp everything run perfectly.
I found that the installation documentation is good its step by step, i got
it to install first time but be warned that i will take a day to initially
set up.
The portage system is great if you find that there are any broken emerges
take a look at the make.conf file there will be use declarations missing.
ive found that once you have you basic make.conf transfer the info into the
make.conf.example and rename it make.conf then you have all the setting for
portage that you could ever need and emerge -av is youre friend.