[sclug] Sun SPARC help

Neil Owens neil_o at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 24 17:54:32 UTC 2004

Matt

Great minds think alike.  I did the same with the NVRAM chip - your's is a
little more elegant with a proper holder for the lithium battery (Mine's a
little more 'Blue Peter' - a plastic paperclip and some sticky tape)

It seems you're in competition with http://www.obsolyte.com/sun_ipx/  ;-)

Tried the RAM from the working one - tried STOP-N from a Sun keyboard only
to discover the 'n' key doesn't work due to a coffee spill.  I'm getting a
new keyboard tonight (?15 :-(
so will give that a go.  If not, it's landfill or a rather large door stop.

101 uses for a dead IPX......

But the working one runs Debian really well as a web/FTP server.  Learning
lots - if there's another open day I'll bring it along as I've a gazillion
questions about running a secure web/FTP server and I'm getting bored of
just reading HOWTO's

Neil

P.S. - Anyone got a PowerUp processor chip they want to donate?