[sclug] Gentoo...

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sun Nov 28 12:08:29 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 11:51:09AM +0000, Darren Davison wrote:
> On Sunday 28 November 2004 11:34, Hamlesh Motah wrote:
> > Anyway, my question is simple, why has there been so much hype over
> > Gentoo recently?
> The ability to compile all software to match your own hardware (rather
> than the lowest common denominator that pre-compilation necessarily
> dictates) is great

What do you think you gain from this specifically?  Do you mean in terms
of features you turn on/off (e.g. picking one of OSS or ALSA) or in
terms of compiler optimisations?

Simon.

--
oOoOo "I'm packing you an extra pair of shoes and your angry eyes  oOoOo
 oOoOo            - just in case" -- Mrs. Potato Head.            oOoOo