[sclug] Re: [dev-crypto] SMIME Opinions

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Tue Nov 30 15:58:13 UTC 2004

Staying on topic, but changing focus:

Has anyone had any use out of S/MIME certificates.

I'm playing around with them at the mo - outlook often tells me "Can't open
this item. Your digital id name can not be found by the underlying security
system"

Bah. The item opens perfectly (with a trusted digital ID) on thunderbird.

I am creating my own certs (openssl), and then signing them with my own CA.
The ones I generate for outlook are exporeted from openssl as pks12 (or
whatever!)

Any ideas?

believed to be clean.