[sclug] Audio stream recording.

Damion Yates damiony at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 10:17:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, David Given wrote:

> On Thursday 14 October 2004 10:04, Leon Ward wrote: [...]
> > Someone at the meet last night was looking for software that could
> > connect to audio-streams and save them locally, see below.
>
> Don't forget mplayer; using the -dumpstream option you can get it to
> dump the, uh, stream for anything it'll play. This'll let you record
> practically anything.
>
> mplayer -dumpstream 'http://ormgas.com:8000/oc64'
>
> You can also use it to decode DVDs, VCDs and the like --- very
> handy.

I'm really sorry about this but I refuse to have a signature more than
3 lines long so you get it in the body.... this e-mail (and any
attachments) contains confidential information and is for the
exclusive use of the addressee/s. Any views contained in this e-mail
are not the views of Siemens Business Services Media Holdings Ltd
unless specifically stated. If you are not the addressee, then any
distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received
in error, please advise the sender and delete/destroy it immediately.
We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person
arising from use of this e-mail/fax.  Please note that Siemens
Business Services Media Holdings Ltd monitors e-mails sent or
received.  Further communication will signify your consent to this.

Anyway..

xine also can save the output of what you're playing/streaming, I've
found it good for mms/rtsp/rtp/http streaming.  I also use mplayer,
but I prefer xines dvd menu support.

from the changelog:

  * new "file" (wave) audio out plugin
    example: XINE_WAVE_OUTPUT=/tmp/file.wav xine -A file music.mp3

Thanks,

Damion

--
Damion Yates - email: Damion.Yates at bbc.co.uk - phone: +44 (0) 1628 407759
Siemens Business Services Limited, Registered No: 1203466 England