[sclug] Audio stream recording.

JRKnight j.r.knight at reading.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 14:43:27 UTC 2004

Well, I don't know about decoding audio-streams: a routine to decode
the compressed form of English (originally a 4GL with sophisticated
structures) in use here would be a challenge. What do we make of (1)?
Are the Unspeakable really in pursuit of software now, rather than the
Uneatable?
What was LW doing with the Hunt anyway - supping or sabbing?
       [c.f.  possible meanings of the term 'No Fly Zone']
And (2) presents no problem if you can still distinguish between people
and objects [e.g. don't use 'that' for 'who/whom'].  I should point out that
an imperative never stands up (although your  Counsel almost certainly
would).
yrs, Knight Invisible c/o Castell Perilous

(1)
>On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 10:04:33AM +0100, Leon Ward wrote:
>> Someone at the meet last night was looking for software that could
>> connect to audio-streams and save them locally, see below.

(2)
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:17:49 +0100 (BST)