[sclug] CPC laptop without Windows

James mrjadeo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 20:52:59 UTC 2005

If you want low price, reasonable spec, no Windoze you might want to
check out

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/NBRanges.html

15.0" XGA TFT Screen
Athlon XPMobile 2600 Processor
4 x USB 2.0 Ports
56K Internal Modem
256MB PC2700 333MHz DDR
VIA KN400 Integrated Graphics Graphics
CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
Weight - 3.8Kg with battery
Dimensions (mm) - 41h x 345w x 282d

OK the prices are a little higher (from ?470 inc vat), but atleast the
processor is half decent ;)

I suppose the problem is a it's a cheap, unbranded, laptop so you don't
really know what hardware compatibility is going to be like until you
try it.

Out of interest has anyone ever tried just asking one of these companies
about how compatible their hardware is with Linux? What was the response?

~James~