[sclug] Need to replace hardware

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 09:30:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, James wrote:

> My processor fan is really loud. Is there anywhere I should consider
> getting a (cheap) replacement heatsink+fan pack, other than Maplin or
> PcWorld.

I've used these two at times:

<http://www.ccare.co.uk/>
<http://www.gsquared.co.uk/>

Failing that:

<http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?searchType=classic&ooa=on&keywords=computer&companyName=&location=berkshire&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0>

or, if you can wait a bit:

<http://www.britishcomputerfairs.com/cgi-bin/floorplan?vnu_id=5>

> I live in between Reading and Newbury, so preferably a place in
> central/west Reading or Newbury would be ideal.

TBH, either of those are as good (i.e. based on stock range, service and
price) as anything else in Reading, I reckon, now that dabs have closed down
their Bracknell sales desk and SMC Direct (ex-Slough) have been taken over
and moved to Hampshire.

> Thanks,
> James

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?