[sclug] Need to replace hardware

James mrjadeo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 14:14:48 UTC 2005

Just a quick follow-up to my messages this morning:

ASAP Computers wasn't exactly the sort of  place you just pop into  and
pickup hardware. Their staff are helpful and friendly enough, but they
don't carry a wide range of stock.

After trying CCS, who apparently don't carry heatsink/fans suitable for
AMD chips, I went to another place just down the road called Computer
Village. It's not a bad place - they don't have a lot of choice (they
are quite a small shop though) and they're into things like transparent
cases and fans with LEDs, but the prices weren't bad and the guy there
knew his stuff, so I was happy.

~James~