[sclug] Bonded ADSL

Bob Dunlop bob.dunlop at xyzzy.org.uk
Tue Apr 19 16:46:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 02:24:28PM +0100, Benjamin Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> wondering if anyone has any experience of bonded ADSL connections. By which
> I really mean two or more acting as one 'fat' connection using Multi-Link
> PPP or similar.

Still two weeks away from getting ADSL here so I can't say I've played with
it.  I've heard that BT apply several dirty tricks in an attempt to stop
you doing it but some ISPs are still managing to work around BT.

Think the guys you need to talk to are Andrews & Arnold.
http://www.aaisp.net.uk/  They can also offer a 2Mbps symmetric if you've
got 10K spare.

How do you calculate the contention ratio for four lines bonded together ?
More importantly I wonder how BT calculate it.
--
        Bob Dunlop