[sclug] Disable 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' reboots

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 23:53:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 22:44 +0000, Neil Owens wrote:
> I've finally had the spare minute to find out how to prevent the 3 fingered
> salute from rebooting my IPCop firewall (I think) - /etc/shutdown.allow

I think you need to check that you have also added the -a switch in the
ca: line in /etc/inittab.

Personally I wonder about the value of /etc/shutdown.allow and disabling
it.  Sure you stop a possible inadvertent reboot.  But a vindictive one?
If I wanted to reboot a system and I REALLY wanted to do it and found
Ctrl-Alt-Del disabled I press the reset or power button.  If that failed
I'd remove the power cord.  :-)

regards,
Tom.