[sclug] Streaming audio

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 21:20:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Neil Haughton wrote:

> I have a good internet connection at work (Win XP Pro), and cable
> broadband at home (Mandrake 10.0) with a dynamic IP address and
> shorewall enabled.

I can think of several solutions to this - but just to point out that
cable modem connections (at least NTL's in Reading) have a particularly
bobbins upload rate of something like 128 or 150kbit/sec.  That is
probably not enough to upload something to listen to in real time unless
you don't mind pants quality.

   - Bob

--
  Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 7147
  Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK