[sclug] How to start a LUG?

Tom Bragg tom.bragg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:13:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:06:32 +0000, Alan Cocks
<aeclist at candt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> While staying a member of SCLUG, I would like to try to start a LUG in
> Bracknell. With the college being there it should support a group, if
> small. And I think the recent distros will become more popular and
> attract more use.
>
> I would be grateful for comments about this, and what to do to fit in
> with existing approaches - mailing lists etc.

<sent to the whole list this time>
To be honest, I am not convinced that there is necessarily enough
interest in Bracknell to sustain a LUG of it's own, however I am
willing to be proven wrong ;o) I work for the college (in IT Support)
and I'll do what I can to help :D

Regards,

Tom Bragg
IT Support