[sclug] Re: How to start a LUG?

Malcolm Napier 14cc malcolm.napier at 14cc.com
Fri Feb 11 14:09:54 UTC 2005

Can we do straw poll?

Please answer yes/no to each of the following questions if you are up for a
get together somewhere other than in Reading.

1. Would you attend a SCLUG meeting in the east of Berkshire if one was
organised?

2. Is Slough a convenient location for you?

3. Is Windsor a convenient location for you?

4. Is Maidenhead a convenient location for you?

5. Is Bracknell a convenient location for you?

6. Would you attend a pub session?

7. Would you attend a hands-on session?

My answers are as follows:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes very
5. No more convenient than Reading
6. Not very often (drinking & driving issues + dislike of paying to be in a
smoky atmosphere)
7. Almost definitely if it is:
     - a general "help" session (as I am a relative newbie)
     - Samba based (which is what I am trying to get my head around
currently)
     - Open Office (trying to get free of Microsoft)
     - Gimp based (likewise with Paint Shop Pro/Adobe Photoshop)
     - MP3/audio based
     - Personal Video Recorder/Video streaming
   Probably if it is to do with something else that sounds interesting.

Any other takers?

Regards,
Malcolm