[sclug] Re: How to start a LUG?

Alan Pearson alandpearson at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:06:52 UTC 2005

On 11 Feb 2005, at 14:08, Malcolm Napier (14cc) wrote:

> Can we do straw poll?
>
> Please answer yes/no to each of the following questions if you are up
> for a
> get together somewhere other than in Reading.
>
> 1. Would you attend a SCLUG meeting in the east of Berkshire if one was
> organised?
Yes

> 2. Is Slough a convenient location for you?
Yes

> 3. Is Windsor a convenient location for you?
Sort of

> 4. Is Maidenhead a convenient location for you?

YES most definetly
> 5. Is Bracknell a convenient location for you?

No
> 6. Would you attend a pub session?
Yes, but prefer something else. We're getting together for linux not a
drink up (although I'm not impartial to a drink up!) A lot of ham radio
groups use village halls, which would be PERFECT for a Computer get
together (large room, power points & possibilty to LAN)

> 7. Would you attend a hands-on session?
Attend ? I'd give one if I could think of something I'm good at !!

I'm going to setup a poll type questionaire on my webserver to get a
decent way to count votes and answers. Hold off answering this for 1/2
hour and I'll post link/.