[sclug] Laptop

tim tim at holmes.name
Thu Feb 24 10:07:59 UTC 2005

Hi from Egypt, possibly the furthest sclug member from the Thames valley.

Just after a bit of advice.
I am looking at buying  a new laptop. Currently have a Dell Inspiron
8100 which I have been very happy with. Apart from the first few weeks.
It is dual booted with XP Professional and SUSE 9.
Windows is the most used.
I want to move to Linux as much as possible and have a windows boot just
for stuff I have to do on windows.
Can anyone recomend a make of laptop that is particularly good with
Linux. I dont want to spend hours getting stuff like screens , modems,
dvd drives etc working. I like playing about with Linus but would rather
choose what.
Any help or pointers would be great.

Thanks

Tim