[sclug] Nokias phones (Was: Nokia phone interfacing)

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 21:38:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:07:36 -0000
> "Chris Aitken" <chris at ion-dreams.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like a nokia replacement (with IR & bluetooth, pref xhtml browser,
>> gprs etc), but without a camera, AND available on T-mobile. No chance.
>> Actually, I'd just like another 6310i.
>
> My 6310i is getting on too. WHY do Nokia not understand that not everyone
> wants a colour screen / camera / animated icons / etc - in fact, just as
> you said, Chris, it's a 6310i most business people want.

I've looked longingly at the Treo 650 and the Nokia 9500. Not quite as sleek
as the 6<2|3>10m but the power of being able to run an ssh client on your
'phone' rules.

> Keith

Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?