[sclug] Open Source demo Reading Tues 1st March (helper?)

Alan Cocks aeclist at candt.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 09:26:33 UTC 2005

(Another person to help please?)

I will be an exhibitor at the launch of Remix Reading.
http://wiki.remixreading.org/index.php/LaunchEvent

I will be showing/demonstrating Open Source software.

As a newbie anyway, which may be interesting in itself, I will be
limited to Suse 9.2, Open Office, Firefox and Thunderbird, with dual
booting (to 'doze).

Apps which I am told may be of interest to the likely Remix Community
are also
the GIMP, Audacity, Jack-rack & paraphenalia & Blender

Unfortunately I have no chance of knowing anything about these at this time.

I will be there single handed to at least show the flag.

However, if another person was available it would be a great advantage.
Any offers please?

I plan to be there at 5pm to give the Press a chance to take note of
Open Source software etc, and probably will be leaving later in the
evening (9pm?) depending on how it goes.

I would be happy if someone else is also available to come - please
contact me?

--
Alan Cocks Berkshire UK (phone 01344 421252)