[sclug] Local rc file on Debian

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Jul 12 20:18:56 UTC 2005

I have a non-standard extended keyboard; it's got six extra buttons on it
(marked 1 to 5 and WWW). I like to use one to play/pause XMMS, and so have it
mapped to Pause under X.

Unfortunately, down at the kernel level, the key does not generate a keycode
that the kernel understands, so I have to use setkeycodes to map it to key
119 every time I boot.

Where's the right place to put this command?

Normally I'd put it in rc.local, but I can't find one under Debian --- and all
the files in init.d seem to be under control of debconf, which means that if
I modify them, I run into grief later when debconf needs to upgrade
something.

Any ideas? And where is this kind of thing *documented*?

--
"Curses! Foiled by the chilled dairy treats of righteousness!" --- Earthworm
Jim (evil)