[sclug] Does anyone know of a decent Linux PDA?

Bob Dunlop bob.dunlop at xyzzy.org.uk
Thu Jul 14 20:29:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 05:02:59PM +0100, Taiyo Rawle wrote:
> Hi, does anyone here know where I can get hold of a
> good Linux PDA?

Know of several older ones like the Zarus but they are kinda
hard to get hold of.

I'm waiting for the Nokia 770 to be released, Q3 2005 so I'd
guess another 4 months.  800x480 colour display with WiFi/b/g
and Bluetooth.  Runs a Debian varient and X.  While not
officialy a PDA I'm sure the software will be there before
hardware release.

http://maemo.org/      for the open software development
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,74866,00.html  for hardware info

Interesting concept.  A high end mobile phone without the phone
function :) although VoIP is promised for next year.
--
        Bob Dunlop